FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享PV Tech:Asset management firm Capital Dynamics has signed a deal with Nebraskan independent power producer Tenaska to develop nine battery energy storage system (BESS) projects located in California’s highest electrical load centres.The BESS projects will be designed to deliver power resources to manage high-demand conditions caused by heat waves, supply shortages and growing local power supply deficiencies in the Bay Area, Los Angeles and San Diego areas that cannot be reliably served solely by intermittent renewables, the companies said.Struck through Capital Dynamics’ Clean Energy Infrastructure business, the deal will see enable the provision of approximately 2GW of clean energy through the nine projects into the California Independent System Operator (CAISO) market.Benoit Allehaut, managing director of the Clean Energy Infrastructure team, said California is poised for “significant growth” in energy storage demand as a result of its “robust” clean energy goals. Indeed, the state announced plans in March to add 25GW of renewables by 2030. “We are excited to join with Tenaska to build high-quality battery energy storage facilities to help integrate renewables and reinforce CAISO grid reliability and resilience,” said Allehaut. “We hope to quickly contract resource adequacy with utilities and CCAs to grow this portfolio.”The move builds on other partnerships between Capital Dynamics and Tenaska. Last month, they agreed to develop 24 solar projects totaling 4.8GW, following on from a previous collaboration for 14 PV projects with approximately 2GW in the US Midwest.[Jules Scully]More: Capital Dynamics and Tenaska partner for 2GW of battery storage in California Capital Dynamics, Tenaska join forces to develop 2GW of battery storage in California
In truth Berbatov’s performance was hardly in keeping with the high standards he has set himself throughout his career. The Bulgarian’s passing was woeful at times and he spent much of the match with his hands on his hips or throwing them in the air in frustration at his team-mates. Jol admits Berbatov is a unique character who needs to be carefully managed, but the Dutchman maintains that the 32-year-old is still one of the best hitmen in the league. “He’s a remarkable boy,” the 57-year-old said. “He’s a different personality, but he’s said it twice now. Against Stoke before the match and he said it again today. The only thing he wants is a day off if he scores. I promised him a day off and he scores!” Spurs were poor throughout Sunday’s encounter. Even the simplest of passes went astray while Emmanuel Adebayor, Jermain Defoe, and even the returning Gareth Bale were unable to test Mark Schwarzer until the dying stages. Manager Andre Villas-Boas has now lost three games on the bounce for the first time since he took over and he accepted responsibility for the defeat, stating that the 120-minute drain of Thursday’s defeat at Inter Milan had nothing do to with the loss. “It was nothing to do with the players today,” he said. “The effort and commitment were there. Probably the organisation wasn’t, and it is down to us to get to business and correct that.” Press Association Martin Jol hailed Dimitar Berbatov as the Fulham striker lived up to his promise to shoot down his former club Tottenham. Tottenham’s hopes of Champions League qualification took a big blow as they lost 1-0 to the Cottagers thanks to Berbatov’s second-half poke past Hugo Lloris. The 52nd-minute strike was not one of the finest of his career, but it did not matter for Berbatov or Jol, who tasted victory over the club he used to manage for the first time since leaving White Hart Lane six years ago. Jol said: “Before the game you hope for a point… but Berbatov came to me and promised me… He said: ‘you have to trust me’. I thought he was joking. But he said it before the match against Stoke (where he scored the winner) and he is a wonderful player. It was one of the best wins ever.”
Sydney: Viv Richards has revealed that former South African President Nelson Mandela had thanked him for not going to the country as part of the infamous West Indies rebel tours between 1982 and 1984.Richards said that he had met Nelson Mandela in Monaco as the former West Indies captain was one of the founding members of the Laureus Sport for Good, which was founded under Mandela’s patronage.”We had our retreat in I think it was Monaco at the time and he (Mandela) came as a chief guest. Nelson walked up to meet everyone,” Viv Richards said in a podcast hosted by former Australia all-rounder Shane Watson.”He stopped right in front of me, shook my hand and said, “Vivian I want to let you know that we are extremely pleased with the decision that you made of not coming to our country.” Long before that I had made the decision not to go to South Africa during the Apartheid regime,” he said.Mandela also told him that he used to listen to the radio and follow matches between West Indies and England in the years he spent in jail and feel inspired.West Indies teams led by Lawrence Rowe and featuring former World Cup winner Colin Croft had toured South Africa when it was exiled from international cricket due to its Apartheid regime.Former South African Test batsman Ali Bacher, who had organised the tours, had been turned down by Richards with the latter saying that he had been given an open cheque to come to the country. Richards, like many of his teammates who were regulars in West Indies at the time, refused. IANSAlso Read: Vivian Richards, Sunil Gavaskar Part of Commentary Panel for Windies SeriesAlso watch: Hagrama Mohilary organizes a press-meet on Coronavirus situation and distribution of Rations
He’s in the county this week for the FAI’s Festival of Football.The event will reach a climax tomorrow when the association’s AGM is held in Clonmel.Martin says he’s really impressed by what’s going on at grass-roots level in Tipp.