15 July 2011JSE-listed global ICT group Datatec is to acquire entrada Kommunikations, a German-based IT security products distributor and service provider, for an undisclosed sum.The acquisition will be carried out by Datatec’s subsidiary, Westcon, and will be settled entirely in cash from Westcon’s resources.The acquisition enhances Westcon’s German presence and, with entrada’s Swiss operations, allows Westcon to expand into a new geography to better service its pan-European customers’ needs.“The acquisition of the second largest security distributor in Germany allows Westcon to significantly penetrate Europe’s biggest economy and gives its European Security division a wider geographic footprint to better service its customers’ requirements,” Datatec CEO Jens Montanana said in a statement this week.Portfolio of solutionsFounded in 1996, entrada is the second-largest value added distributor of security products in Germany – with a portfolio of solutions that includes Trend Micro, McAfee, Juniper and Riverbed. Since its founding, entrada has grown to achieve annualised revenues of over €63-million.It will now form part of Westcon’s European Security operations.“Entrada’s complementary vendor portfolio further strengthens Westcon’s security offering in Europe, bringing significant possibilities for cross selling into both customer bases,” Montanana said.The transaction is still subject to cartel clearance.Earlier this month, another Datatec subsidiary Logicalis acquired Netarx, a provider of managed services, data centres and IT solutions to customers in the mid-west USA, for about US$34-million.SAinfo reporterWould you like to use this article in your publication or on your website? See: Using SAinfo material
Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. MOST READ “It’s very heartwarming because we’re getting a lot of volunteers among the PBA players,” Barrios said during the event launch Thursday at Bonifacio High Street. Do not bring these items in SEA Games venues BI on alert for illegally deployed OFWs to Iraq 8th Top Leaders Forum assessed the progress of public-private efforts in building climate and disaster resilient communities Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH Asian shares slide on weak Japan data; US markets closed Padda, Lady Falcons relish pressure from school officials LATEST STORIES View comments Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa Read Next John Lloyd Cruz a dashing guest at Vhong Navarro’s wedding SBP president Al Panlilio FILE PHOTOThe Fiba 3×3 World Cup just might be a teaser for the Philippine hosting of the 2023 World Cup, but Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas (SBP) expects to draw record crowds just the same for the event slated June 8 to 12.“We’re excited because there will be 40 teams from different countries coming over to the Philippines,” said SBP president Al Panlilio. “3×3 is basketball, but played differently. It’s equally exciting.”ADVERTISEMENT Games will be played at Philippine Arena in Bocaue, Bulacan—which has a seat capacity of 55,000—so SBP hopes to set a 3×3 crowd attendance record.The Philippines previously hosted the Fiba 3×3 World Tour events for club teams that saw packed audiences at SM Megamall in Ortigas and Robinsons Place Manila as PBA stars like Terrence Romeo and Calvin Abueva represented the country.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSLillard, Anthony lead Blazers over ThunderSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutout“One of the things we viewed as important was the success of the World Tours in the two malls in the previous years,” said Fiba managing director Alex Sanchez. “We would like to give the event a strong push for the Filipinos to see if they can develop a strong program to be in Tokyo 2020 (Olympics).”SBP executive director Sonny Barrios said aside from Romeo and Abueva, past 3×3 players like Troy Rosario, Mac Belo, Glenn Khobuntin, Karl Dehesa, Russel Escoto, Kiefer Ravena and Jeron Teng head the list of candidates.