Tag: 上海贵族宝贝花千坊419

Despite Lok Sabha debacle, Opposition in Maharashtra to fight Assembly polls together

first_imgThe Opposition parties on Tuesday agreed to keep their alliance on track for the Assembly polls due later this year, despite the drubbing it received by the BJP-Shiv Sena alliance in the Lok Sabha polls in Maharashtra. “We reflected on the Lok Sabha poll results and discussed the Assembly polls. We, in general, agreed to come together. We are yet to discuss things in detail and take final decision,” Maharashtra Congress committee president Ashok Chavan told reporters after the meeting.The Congress leader, who lost from Nanded, blamed the Vanchit Bahujan Aghadi (VBA) formed by Prakash Ambedkar and AIMIM for the defeat of the opposition alliance. He said the situation would have been better had the VBA joined the anti-BJP parties.Asked whether opposition would approach the VBA for an alliance, Mr. Chavan said, “The main issue is whether they are willing to be part of the grand alliance. We had tried last time, but they did not come together.” He however added that there was no discussion on aligning with Raj Thackeray-led MNS for the Assembly polls.He also said that the BJP was trying to poach Congress and NCP legislators, but would not succeed. Asked whether senior party leader Radhakrishna Vikhe-Patil is joining the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), he said, “Technically, he (Vikhe Patil) is still a member of the Congress. It is likely he may join the ruling party. I don’t think our MLAs will join the BJP. The BJP is trying to poach Congress or NCP MLAs. But I don’t think it will happen, we are being alert,” he added.Meanwhile, Swabhimani Shetkari Sanghatana leader Raju Shetti, who also attended the meeting, said he met Mr. Thackeray earlier in the day.“We shared our views. He had addressed a rally for me during the Lok Sabha polls. Hence, I met him after coming here,” said Mr. Shetti, who lost from Hatkanangale. The meeting was also attended by NCP leaders Jayant Patil, Ajit Pawar and Dhananjay Munde, CPI leader Prakash Reddy, Ashok Dhawale of the CPI(M) and the Samajwadi Party leader Abu Azmi.last_img read more

Indian cricketer Virat Kohli graces the cover of Men’s Health magazine

first_imgUnmukt Chand is lucky. The skipper of the India U-19 team has become a national phenomenon overnight after his team’s World Cup win in Townsville. This is in stark contrast to 2008. Despite trouncing South Africa in the World Cup final in Malaysia, the country’s U-19 squad led by an enthusiastic Virat Kohli did not make it to the front pages of national dailies.However, the world’s largest men’s magazine Men’s Health saw the potential in these young boys and picked out Kohli and Pradeep Sangwan for their first-ever fashion shoot.Says Kohli, who has comfortably slipped into the shoes of Team India’s go-to man and become the vice-captain of its ODI squad, “We were starstruck teenagers then(in 2008). Though I was a tad nervous, we thoroughly enjoyed the shoot. In hindsight, that episode with MH eased me into the limelight.”The accompanying story throws up the question: how does a simple boy from West Delhi take to the limelight? The answer: like a fish does to water.Kohli, who features on the cover of Men’s Health’s bi-annual 15-page Guide to Style section in the September 2012 issue, discusses how men can make small tweaks in their dressing to turn heads, without ever crossing the line of masculinity or audacity. “A fit body gives you confidence,” he says.”And there’s nothing more impressive than a great attitude, which you can wear on your sleeve. But you’ll have to remember the difference between being rude and being confident,” Kohli adds.Jamal Shaikh, the editorial director of Men’s Health, says, “This is Kohli’s third shoot with Men’s Health India in four years, though this is the first time he’s gracing the cover.advertisementWe’re a real man’s magazine, and Virat’s success story and sense of style are very achievable for the common Indian youngster. That’s what makes him an even bigger star in our eyes.”last_img read more

I’ve got a family pack, no six-pack: Armaan Jain

first_imgArmaan Jain, Bollywood’s new kid on the block, says he doesn’t have the perfect six-pack abs but he follows a regular workout regimen.Most newcomers in tinsel town come with a perfect physique complete with the six-pack.Does Armaan aim for it too?”I’ve got a family pack! There is no six-pack. If (in a film) my character demands, I will work on my body. But I am into sports. I work out daily for two hours besides playing football, cricket and tennis,” Armaan said here.Most newcomers in tinsel town come with a perfect physique complete with the six-pack.He is making his debut with Arif Ali-directed “Lekar Hum Deewana Dil”, which also features Deeksha Seth.Before facing the camera, Armaan has had a taste of filmmaking when he assisted filmmaker Karan Johar.”I assisted Karan Johar for three years – during ‘My Name is Khan’, ‘Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu’ and ‘Student Of The Year’. I got very influenced by his direction. I am fascinated with the art of filmmaking. I didn’t go to Karan with the idea that he would launch me…but I went to learn direction,” he said.Armaan also misses working as an assistant.”I wish I could go back on the set. I was purely into acting (initially), but when I started learning direction, I got interested in it. I made short films as well, and now I have developed a new passion for direction,” added the youngster, who happens to be the cousin of actor Ranbir Kapoor.advertisementlast_img read more

Royal Robinson picks on government over health issue claims

first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppTurks And Caicos Islands, May 19th 2017 :Royal Robinson is accusing the government of downplaying of the outbreak of Scabies among Prisoners. In a release, where he describes himself as the shadow Health Minister, Robinson highlighted plans to relocate the prisoners, to the Green Door Facility, located adjacent to the Community College in Grand Turk. However, the forty men were sent with a clean bill of health back to the Dominican Republic on Tuesday via two government chartered flights. The TCI court was a part of the arrangements made to charge, reduce sentence to time serve and deport, putting on halt any relocation plans for the detention centre, at least for now.Robinson highlighted the scabies parasite as mites, not native to the TCI and a possible threat to students at the college if the relocation happened.  The TCI Government had agreed with the DR consular to have the men sent home, after it was proving too costly and troublesome to continue their detention.Meanwhile, the opposition member says government has not done much to control an apparent mosquito outbreak. In the release, the self named shadow health minister says “government failed to utilise chemicals, trucks and manpower in the fight against mosquitoes, allowing its population to expand to exponential proportions”, describing it as the “most brutal mosquito assault in the TCI in recent years”.His comments come a month after Zika Communications Strategy consultant, Salorne McDonald says there were no new cases of Zika in the TCI for 2017. Last week, government carried out a carried out its Mosquito Awareness week campaign, which involved awareness activities highlighting the ills of breeding mosquitoes.Robinson warns of the high alert for Zika which still remains in the western world. He says TCI cannot waste anymore time while “there is potential for the ill-health of the nation”, as the virus is a real threat to the Caribbean. Robinson says the time had come for no more excuses. He adds that months ago the same government was boasting of change and promising a better life, but now is “failing on basic community health issues.” #MagneticMediaNews#RoyalRobinsonPicksOnTCIGcenter_img Related Items:#magneticmedianews, #RoyalRobinsonPicksOnTCIGlast_img read more

Rohingya refugees protest against repatriation move

first_imgRohingya refugees line up for daily essentials distribution at Balukhali camp, near Cox`s Bazar, Bangladesh on 15 January 2018. ReutersHundreds of Rohingya refugees staged protests in Bangladesh on Friday against plans to send them back to Myanmar, where a military crackdown last year sparked a mass exodus.The refugees chanted slogans and held banners demanding citizenship and guarantees of security before they return to their home state of Rakhine in Myanmar.The protest came ahead of a visit by UN special rapporteur Yanghee Lee to the camps in southeastern Bangladesh where around a million of the Muslim minority are now living.Bangladesh has reached an agreement with Myanmar to send back the around 750,000 refugees who have arrived since October 2016 over the next two years, a process set to begin as early as next week.But many Rohingya living in the crowded, unsanitary camps have said they do not want to return to Rakhine after fleeing atrocities including murder, rape and arson attacks on their homes.Rights groups and the UN say any repatriation must be voluntary.They have also expressed concerns about conditions in Myanmar, where many Rohingya settlements have been burned to the ground by soldiers and Buddhist mobs.The government has said it is building temporary camps to accommodate the returnees, a prospect feared by Rohingya, said Mohibullah, a refugee and former teacher.“We want safe zones in Arakan (Rakhine) before repatriation,” he told AFP by phone from Cox’s Bazar, where the camps are located.“We want a UN peacekeeping force in Arakan. We want fundamental rights and citizenship. We do not want repatriation without life guarantees,” Mohibullah said.Police said they were unaware of the protests.A Bangladesh official said around 6,500 Rohingya currently living in no man’s land between the two countries would be among the first to be repatriated.The repatriation deal does not cover the estimated 200,000 Rohingya refugees who were living in Bangladesh prior to October 2016, driven out by previous rounds of communal violence and military operations.last_img

Sony Shuts Down Crackle Latin America Business

first_imgSony Pictures Television is folding the Crackle Latin America subscription VOD service, which has 400,000 subscribers across 17 countries, after concluding the business isn’t economically viable.Crackle Latin America first launched in April 2012 as an ad-supported streaming service — like the U.S. version of Crackle — before switching in 2016 to a subscription video-on-demand model, distributed through pay-TV partners. Crackle Latin America will shut down effective April 30, 2019, the result of Sony Pictures’ company-wide strategic review of its portfolio to prune underperforming divisions.“After much consideration, we have decided that Crackle Latin America is not sustainable in the present highly competitive local environment,” Keith Le Goy, Sony Pictures’ president of worldwide TV distribution, wrote in a memo to staff Thursday, a copy of which was obtained by Variety. With the shutdown, 17 employees will be let go. Crackle Latin America has been operated out of Miami with staff spread across offices in L.A., Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Colombia.Sony’s Crackle Latin America was run separately from Crackle in the United States. Last summer, SPT revealed plans try to sell a stake in the Crackle U.S. business to a strategic partner, after years of mulling various options — including a possible sale — for the ad-supported VOD streaming network. Meanwhile, Sony shut down the Crackle Canada AVOD service in June 2018. SPT still operates a free, ad-supported Crackle service in Australia.In the Latin American markets, the Crackle SVOD service carried Crackle original series produced out of the U.S. as well as in-language versions of Sony movies like “Hotel Transylvania” and Adam Sandler’s “Big Daddy,” “Grown Ups 2” and “Click.” Third-party content on the service has included “Captain America,” “Finding Nemo” and TV series “Scorpion.”Some Crackle originals will find a home on Sony’s Canal Sony and AXN channels in the region, which Le Goy described in the memo as “strong brands achieving solid growth” that “among the top cable channels in Latin America.” Pricing for Crackle Latin America services was around $5 per month but varied across the region, with cable operators and other affiliates setting the retail price.Read Le Goy’s full memo:SPT team –I wanted to make you all aware of an important upcoming change in our networks business in Latin America. As of April 30, we will discontinue the Crackle Latin America SVOD service.As you know, an important part of our reimagine efforts has been a top-down review of our current businesses to determine their strength and growth potential in today’s marketplace. After much consideration, we have decided that Crackle Latin America is not sustainable in the present highly competitive local environment.The decision to close Crackle Latin America is unrelated to the U.S. Crackle business, which is operated independently as an ad-supported AVOD service. We continue to explore potential strategic partnerships for Crackle in the U.S. and will share more information when possible. While we are closing the Crackle Latin America service, OTT/direct-to-consumer remains an incredibly important area for our evolving industry and we will persist in exploring other opportunities in the space. We also remain focused on our existing core business and channels in the region, Canal Sony and AXN. They are strong brands achieving solid growth and are among the top cable channels in Latin America. We will continue to think big, innovate and invest in these assets and other new prospects that we believe have great potential for our business and our viewers.We are proud of the accomplishments achieved in building Crackle Latin America into a service with more than 65 MSO affiliates across 17 countries and a loyal subscriber base from the ground up. I would like to personally thank our dedicated colleagues who have worked on Crackle Latin America over the past almost seven years. We greatly appreciate your hard work and contribution to SPT’s overall growth in the region.– Keith Popular on Variety ×Actors Reveal Their Favorite Disney PrincessesSeveral actors, like Daisy Ridley, Awkwafina, Jeff Goldblum and Gina Rodriguez, reveal their favorite Disney princesses. Rapunzel, Mulan, Ariel,Tiana, Sleeping Beauty and Jasmine all got some love from the Disney stars.More VideosVolume 0%Press shift question mark to access a list of keyboard shortcutsKeyboard Shortcutsplay/pauseincrease volumedecrease volumeseek forwardsseek backwardstoggle captionstoggle fullscreenmute/unmuteseek to %SPACE↑↓→←cfm0-9Next UpJennifer Lopez Shares How She Became a Mogul04:350.5x1x1.25×1.5x2xLive00:0002:1502:15last_img read more

Ways to revamp your closet in 2019

first_imgThe year 2019 will be a season of contrasts as all the previous fashion rules will be broken. Untraditional aesthetics will take the spotlight, menswear and womens wear will shift through global cultures and comfort will be the key. Experts list some ways to revamp your closet in the coming year. Untraditional aesthetics: Following are some of the untraditional aesthetic trends that would be the talk of the town for the coming year. Like heat lock apparels which are lightweight fabrics with micro fibre to regulate the body temperature. Aqua sorb apparels which block rain and snow and allow vapours to dry the heat. Also Read – Add new books to your shelfUpcoming trends: This year, oversized, unstructured outerwear will rule the trend. From classic and fitted to unstructured and modern, tracksuits will become a major fashion staple. The trousers will become baggier as hemlines will get wider. This season’s twist comes in the pastel pile-up head-to-toe in layers and tiers upon tiers of same shade. Be it apparels, shoes or bags, this trend will work well in all cases. In accessories, statement belts will be seen everywhere. Also Read – Over 2 hours screen time daily will make your kids impulsiveSay hi to big sunnies: The eyewear trend that is bound to transform your entire look is big sunnies in edgy colours! The narrow sunglasses have stayed in vogue massively this year and 2019 will witness a stylish comeback of large glares. The oversized sunglasses are designed to accentuate any look and never go out of style in the age of ever-changing trends. Get your hands on the trendsetting sunglasses to be an ultimate head-turner wherever you go. Meet minimalistic: The perfect companion in 2019 for any occasion would be the all-time favourite – minimalistic glasses owing to their versatility and charming appeal. So wait no more! Bid adieu to your mundane shades and let your eyes do the talking with ‘barely-there’ shades. White sneakers: White men’s trainers are a must if you want to wear something sporty yet trendy. One could argue that they get dirty but they go with everything and the colour gives us the option to play with it when you play with winter layering.last_img read more

Commitment Phobe Wireless Carriers Let Customers Upgrade Mobile Devices After One Year

first_img Free Workshop | August 28: Get Better Engagement and Build Trust With Customers Now July 16, 2013 Commitment phobes, rejoice! Gadget geeks, you might like this, too.Telecom giants are moving to allow customers to upgrade their tablet or smartphone after a year. AT&T today announced a program called AT&T Next, which cuts the typical two-year contract in half. It follows on the heels of a similar announcement from T-Mobile last week.Related: The Entrepreneur Who Will Change Your Mobile Phone BillStarting July 26, AT&T customers will be able to get a new mobile device without having to pay a down payment, activation fee, upgrade fee or financing fee. Instead, AT&T Next customers will pay monthly installment fees, ranging from $15 to $50, depending on the device. If, at the end of the 12 months, a customer wants to try a new phone or tablet, they can upgrade without the typical costs. If a customer chooses to continue with the same device, they can pay an additional eight monthly installments.”It’s an incredible value for customers who want the latest and greatest every year,” says Ralph de la Vega in a statement, president and chief executive officer of AT&T Mobility, a division of AT&T.Related: The Revolution Will Be TextedThe move is an effort to get customers, beyond gadget geeks and technophiles, to upgrade their smartphone or tablet device more frequently. Bellevue, Wash.-based telecom giant T-Mobile has launched a program called JUMP!, which allows customers to upgrade their smartphones up to two times a year after they have been in the program for six months.”At some point, big wireless companies made a decision for you that you should have to wait two years to get a new phone for a fair price,” said John Legere, moved attribution up president and CEO of T-Mobile U.S., in a statement. “That’s 730 days of waiting. 730 days of watching new phones come out that you can’t have, or having to live with a cracked screen or an outdated camera. We say two years is just too long to wait.”Customers pay $10 a month per phone to participate in T-Mobile’s JUMP! program, plus taxes and fees. That fee protects broken, damaged, lost or stolen phones, and costs depend on the smartphone or tablet selected.  Related: Apple to Investigate Alleged Death by iPhone This hands-on workshop will give you the tools to authentically connect with an increasingly skeptical online audience.center_img 2 min read Enroll Now for Freelast_img read more