The final ask, The Commitment to Decide, is either the easiest commitment to gain, or it is the most difficult. How you sell up to that point determines which of these two things is true for you.If you have gone through the process, ensuring that you are not far out in front of your prospective client, nor allowing them to get too far out in front of you, closing is easy. If you have helped them explore change, commit to doing something different, collaborate around the solution, build consensus, agree to the right investment, review their choices, and resolve their concerns, the ask is a formality. Literally, you can just ask for the business.If on the other hand, if you got way out in front of your prospective client, disconnecting with them and not making sure they have what they need to say “yes” to your ask, then the final close is going to be difficult to gain, and you are to blame. If you let your client control the process, disconnecting from you and not doing what really needs to be done to make a good decision, the close will be difficult, mostly because your dream client now determines what comes next. What comes next is often nothing. They go dark. This is also your fault because you didn’t push back and explain why you still needed to do what was necessary.If you struggle to gain the final commitment, if you have a low closing rate, it isn’t because asking for the business is so difficult. It’s because you haven’t done what was necessary leading up to that point to make the final ask a fait accompli.All of the more difficult commitments come earlier in the process. If you want to spend time learning how to close, then spend time learning how to gain the commitments that make closing easy. Get the Free eBook! Learn how to sell without a sales manager. Download my free eBook! You need to make sales. You need help now. We’ve got you covered. This eBook will help you Seize Your Sales Destiny, with or without a manager. Download Now
Shujaat case suspect a tough nut to crack PDP and BJP: A Bollywood style break-up, says Omar Abdullah Several separatist leaders in Kashmir, including Syed Ali Shah Geelani, Mirwaiz Omar Farooq and Yasin Malik, were detained on Thursday to prevent their Joint Resistance Leadership (JRL) from holding a protest march and observing a general strike against the killing of journalist Shujaat Bukhari The detentions come amid concerns in several quarters that the Union government was preparing the State administration to carry out an aggressive crackdown in the Valley.Also Read One must not form the government just to wield power: Ambika Soni While Mr. Malik was detained from his Maisuma residence after the Fajr prayers and taken to a police station, Mr. Geelani, the Mirwaiz and Mohammad Ashraf Sehrai were put under house arrest.Political vendetta, says the Mirwaiz“This is nothing but political vendetta. The Hurriyat strongly protests the re-starting of cordon and search operations,” said the Mirwaiz.Governor N.N. Vohra called a meeting of the leaders of all political parties, including the State units of the national parties, on Friday evening “to discuss the situation in the State.”BJP national vice president Avinash Rai Khanna called on Mr. Vohra and discussed “steps required for promoting the welfare of the people in all the three regions.”Also Read “We have a seen a significant change in the local responses. We have had families celebrating killed militants, including a mother firing in the air to celebrate her son’s death. To me the mood is quite like that of the early 90s,” warned a veteran Kashmir observer within the system. He pointed out that for each local youth killed more would join the militant ranks.‘131 militants are locals’“We are no more dealing with anonymous foreign terrorists. We are dealing with local boys,” he said. Of the 144 active militants in South Kashmir, 131 are locals, according to official data. Only 13 are foreigners. And between January 1 and May 31, almost 90 locals have taken up arms.Several sources in the security establishment say they are expecting a massive jump in violence. “Unless the Centre changes the present tactics, the Valley will go up in flames,” a recently retired intelligence officer said. Many political appointees in the previous PDP-BJP dispensation, including Advocate General Jehangeer Ganai, resigned from their posts on Thursday.A day after the Central government appointed two key officials involved in anti-naxal operations — Chhattisgarh Additional Chief Secretary (Home) BVR Subrahmanyam and retired IPS officer K. Vijay Kumar who was until recently adviser in the Home Ministry — Mr. Vohra said his priority would be to restore peace and tranquillity on the streets of Kashmir, admitting that the youth of Kashmir are annoyed.However, many within the security establishment believe that the new appointments to steer the Governor’s rule are clear indications of a tougher, more security-oriented approach. They warn that the present localised militancy could produce an unexpected backlash.Also Read
Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. MOST READ “It’s very heartwarming because we’re getting a lot of volunteers among the PBA players,” Barrios said during the event launch Thursday at Bonifacio High Street. Do not bring these items in SEA Games venues BI on alert for illegally deployed OFWs to Iraq 8th Top Leaders Forum assessed the progress of public-private efforts in building climate and disaster resilient communities Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH Asian shares slide on weak Japan data; US markets closed Padda, Lady Falcons relish pressure from school officials LATEST STORIES View comments Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa Read Next John Lloyd Cruz a dashing guest at Vhong Navarro’s wedding SBP president Al Panlilio FILE PHOTOThe Fiba 3×3 World Cup just might be a teaser for the Philippine hosting of the 2023 World Cup, but Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas (SBP) expects to draw record crowds just the same for the event slated June 8 to 12.“We’re excited because there will be 40 teams from different countries coming over to the Philippines,” said SBP president Al Panlilio. “3×3 is basketball, but played differently. It’s equally exciting.”ADVERTISEMENT Games will be played at Philippine Arena in Bocaue, Bulacan—which has a seat capacity of 55,000—so SBP hopes to set a 3×3 crowd attendance record.The Philippines previously hosted the Fiba 3×3 World Tour events for club teams that saw packed audiences at SM Megamall in Ortigas and Robinsons Place Manila as PBA stars like Terrence Romeo and Calvin Abueva represented the country.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSLillard, Anthony lead Blazers over ThunderSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutout“One of the things we viewed as important was the success of the World Tours in the two malls in the previous years,” said Fiba managing director Alex Sanchez. “We would like to give the event a strong push for the Filipinos to see if they can develop a strong program to be in Tokyo 2020 (Olympics).”SBP executive director Sonny Barrios said aside from Romeo and Abueva, past 3×3 players like Troy Rosario, Mac Belo, Glenn Khobuntin, Karl Dehesa, Russel Escoto, Kiefer Ravena and Jeron Teng head the list of candidates.
After the high of the London Olympics brought about by our athletes, sadly the focus is back on Indian sports officialdom. It has returned to its most familiar state – officials squabbling over power and pulling out all stops to try and continue in office, even if one has outlived his term.Sports View by S. Kannan.The next two months will indeed be important for archery, boxing and the Indian Olympic Association, as they have to hold their elections.Given the tough stance taken by the sports ministry with regards to the guidelines and how those who have completed their tenures or are over 70 are ineligible to contest, it does become difficult for the seasoned administrators. But that doesn’t mean people like Suresh Kalmadi, Vijay Kumar Malhotra and Abhay Chautala, who are now ineligible to contest elections, will move away from the spotlight.It is well known that in the last two years, the sports ministry, first under MS Gill and now Ajay Maken, has played a proactive role in reining in the federations.Quite often, sports officials retort about how “the government infringes on their autonomy” and how they can do without sarkari support. The point is, despite corporate support for Indian sport growing gradually, the biggest spender for Olympic disciplines continues to be the government.At a time when India has won six medals at the Olympics, you can be sure that minus the government funding, these athletes would never have been able to do so well. From foreign exposure to training programmes and services of the best coaches, it has all come courtesy government spending.advertisementAnd even if you take a sport like boxing, where the men did not win a medal this time but Mary Kom did, they definitely need every rupee of the government’s support.Yet, when I talked to a few officials in these sports federations and the IOA, there are some who are ready to defy the government for their own self propagation.Suresh Kalmadi.While the sports ministry has been unable to push the sports development bill past the Union cabinet, let alone Parliament, it has nevertheless been able to ensure sports federations do fall in line as far as annual recognition and grant of funds is concerned.From archer Deepika Kumari to the clutch of new boxers who want to make it big, their federations rely on government largesse. So, for the sake of the athletes’ continuity in training, it is imperative that egoistic sports federation bosses step aside.A confrontation will not do anybody good as, in the end, the one who suffers is the athlete.We saw last year how the Badminton Association of India tried defying the sports ministry during its elections, but had to eventually fall in line.This time around, officials are looking at a new escape route. It is well known that as far as the sports ministry is concerned, their current guidelines harp on limited tenures and an age limit on the president, secretary and treasurer.The smarter ones have gone ahead and created fancy posts for themselves and the sports ministry has been unable to do anything about it. First, it was the late Harish Sharma who created the post of CEO for himself in the Basketball Federation of India. After that, the long-serving Baljeet Singh Sethi anointed himself as advisor in the National Rifle Association of India and virtually calls the shots even today.My nagging suspicion is that in the archery and boxing federation elections as well, we could see new posts being created so that those who fail the eligibility criteria can ‘beat’ the system. However, given the active roles played by people like Rahul Mehra, the day is not far off when almost every post in a national sports federation will come under the scanner.As regards the mother of all fights, the battle for supremacy in the Indian Olympic Association will be contested very keenly. It was interesting to read an item in newspapers that even the International Olympic Committee (IOC) wants to send its observers for the IOA elections.At least here, nobody can say the IOC wants to interfere as observers only watch. And for those who think the IOC is being asked to send an observer to India by one officer-bearer in the IOA, it’s indeed interesting how things are shaping up!Now that the Delhi High Court has said the IOA elections must be held as per the sports ministry guidelines, it will be interesting to see what Suresh Kalmadi, its president, does. He is over the tenure limit but still has the clout to put up his own candidates for the IOA elections. Yet, given the dynamics of how IOA elections play out every four years, it would be foolish to completely rule out a role being played by Kalmadi.email@example.com
Related Items:#honouringrobstewart, #magneticmedianews Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppTurks and Caicos, May 9, 2017 – Providenciales – Today, the Department of Environment and Coastal Resources (DECR) and the Reef Action Team (RATs) students from British West Indies Collegiate will be honouring the life of Rob Stewart, the Canadian Filmmaker of the award-winning documentary ‘Sharkwater’. Stewart died in February this year, in a diving accident at the Queen of Nassau wreck near the Florida Keys. Rob Stewart, who was 37, was filming a sequel for his documentary at the time of his death.Reports say that Stewart and his diving instructor, Peter Sotis went deep diving three times near the wreck. But after emerging for the third time, Sotis began to lose consciousness. While the crew tended to him, Stewart disappeared into the water. His body was discovered 3 days later, around 220 feet under the surface.The honourary event will be held at the National Environmental Centre, Lower Bight Road, Providenciales from 4:00 – 5:00 PM.#magneticmedianews#honouringrobstewart
#magneticmedianews#ctocaribbeannews Related Items:#magneticmedianews #ctocaribbeanweek, Sheri-kae McLeod American Tourist Shot in TCI, In Serious Condition at Hospital in Florida Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppNew York, June 8, 2017 – New York City – On June 8, at Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO) Board of Directors Meeting in New York, Executive Coordinator, Charlene Drakes pinned and officially introduced the new Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO) Chairman, Hon. Dionisio James D’Aguilar.Mr. D’Aguilar, Minister of Tourism, Aviation and Bahamasair in The Bahamas, was among the Caribbean representatives in New York for CTO’s Caribbean Week being celebrated from June 3 – 10.Notable figures from the Caribbean also received awards from the organization including Hon. Ralph Higgs, Minister of Tourism for Turks & Caicos Islands, who was on, June 7, presented with the Allied Award. The award is presented to an individual among the CTO family who has done an extraordinary job of contributing, in a tangible way, to the sustainable development of the region.The other awardee is set to be is Jamaican Adam Stewart, Deputy Chairman of Sandals Resort International who will get the Jerry Award, for demonstrated passion in the development of the region through time, energy, financial, and other personal and professional resources.The CTO’s goal is to provide to and through its members, the services and information needed for the development of sustainable tourism that contributes to the economic and social benefit of the Caribbean people. The agency currently comprises of 28 Caribbean governments bodies. Recommended for you STATEMENT FROM THE MINISTRY OF TOURISM ON RECENT SHOOTING OF VISITOR Usain Bolt is the Seventh Most Popular Athlete in the World Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp
WILMINGTON, MA — Here are highlights from the Wilmington Police Log for Sunday, July 29, 2018:Police received report two horses were loose in the street on Chestnut Street. Owner was able to get horses back in corral. Owner will attempt to figure out how the horses got out. (2:04am)A caller stated a green kayak with nobody in it was floating in Silver Lake. Officer stated that when she opened the lake earlier in the morning, there was a kayak in the water with someone in it. A person fishing on the pier was able to bring the kayak to shore. He said he did not see anybody fall in. Kayak was left in backyard of 9 Grove Avenue. Homeowner was OK with police leaving it there. (6:30am)Social media officer took a report of a tree down across Birch Road. Pole snapped in half. RMLD and Tree Department responded. RMLD temporarily cut power to the area. (7:34pm)A caller reported a loose horse in the rad on Hillside Way. Dispatch contacted the farm owner. Horses were collected and brought back to owner. (9:07pm)A male party with no shirt and white shorts was seen dancing and throwing his backpack around on Main Street, near Market Basket. Party said he was transported by the Tewksbury Police Department to the Wilmington line. Party is attempting to get to a friend’s house near Lucci’s. Police contacted friend to see if party could stay at his residence. Friend declined. Police drove party to Lowell. (10:12pm)(DISCLAIMER: This information is public information. An arrest does not constitute a conviction. Any arrested person is innocent until proven guilty.)Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip?Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedPOLICE LOG for August 19: Fist Fight At Planet Fitness; Hawk Stuck Inside Building; Gas Line StruckIn “Police Log”POLICE LOG for July 18: Cat Gets Stuck In Wall After Plastering Project; Baby Raccoons Get Stuck In ChimneyIn “Police Log”POLICE LOG for July 11: Florida Man Arrested; Hit & Run At Gas Station; Highway CrashIn “Police Log”
Post a comment Tags 0 Zombieland: Double Tap trailer shows the group has made its way to DC. Sony Pictures Zombieland: Double Tap is the sequel many zombie fans have been wanting since the original came out in 2009. Tallahassee (Woody Harrelson), Columbus (Jesse Eisenberg), Wichita (Emma Stone) and Little Rock (Abigail Breslin) are returning in a new adventure in a post-apocalyptic US. A new trailer Thursday for Zombieland: Double Tap shows the survivors made their way to Washington, DC, to take over the White House. It seems like the four have a new place to call home, but Little Rock runs away and meets Berkeley (Avan Jogia). The rest of the group sets out into the zombie world to go find her. Share your voice When out searching for Little Rock, Columbus meets another survivor, Madison (Zoey Deutch). It appears there might be some romantic tension as he and Wichita were an item. Also in the trailer is Rosario Dawson (Clerks II, Sin City) as Nevada, though there’s nothing in the clip explaining her back story. At the end of the trailer, Luke Wilson (Old School, Idiocracy) and Thomas Middleditch (Silicon Valley) show up and appear to be bizarro versions of Tallahassee and Columbus. There’s no explanation given in the trailer and the Zombieland: Double Tap IMdB page has no name for their characters. Zombieland: Double Tap hits theaters on Oct. 18. TV and Movies