1 Kenya 6 3 2 112 Great Britain 3 0 0 33 Jamaica 2 0 1 34 Cuba 2 0 0 25 United States 1 3 5 96 Germany 1 2 2 57 Ethiopia 1 2 0 38 Poland 1 1 3 59 Canada 1 1 2 410 Colombia 1 0 0 110 Czech Republic 1 0 0 110 Eritrea 1 0 0 110 Spain 1 0 0 110 South Africa 1 0 0 115 Pr Of China 0 2 1 316 Netherlands 0 1 1 2
Lacson: Calamity fund cut; where did P4 billion go? Winfrey details her decision to withdraw from Simmons film Delos Santos and members of his coaching staff Kungfu Reyes and Bryan Esquibel went to work right away as they held a tryout on Tuesday at Arellano University Gym in Legarda.Cayco said he respects De Jesus’ decision and added the LVPI has to move forward with the national team pressed for time.“Actually before they left for Hong Kong, I think two weeks ago, we met in a party hosted by FilOil for the La Salle team. I told him, ‘Coach usap tayo (Let’s talk),” then he smiled,’” said Cayco. “Then, Benson Bocboc (De Jesus’ assistant coach) was the one who informed us that they’re going to pass. I mean, I respect his decision. It’s hard if we’re going to force them.”“They might not have time for the national team because of his schedule and in fairness to coach Ramil he informed us about his decision I think through Mr. (Popoy) Juico. To me personally, no but it was relayed to me,” he said. “We have to move on because we’re short of time so we met and we decided that it’s going to be coach Shaq so here we are now.”ADVERTISEMENT LATEST STORIES Djokovic falters, Cecchinato soars in French Open stunner Ramil de Jesus. Photo by Tristan Tamayo/INQUIRER.netCommitment and scheduling issues forced Ramil de Jesus to step down as head coach of the Philippine women’s national volleyball team, as per Larong Volleyball sa Pilipinas, Inc. (LVPI) vice president Peter Cayco.Shaq delos Santos was tapped to replace De Jesus, who resigned just less than two months since assuming the post.ADVERTISEMENT Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding View comments Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Jury of 7 men, 5 women selected for Weinstein rape trial China population now over 1.4 billion as birthrate falls “Apparently, coach Ramil has his own reasons, one of them I think is his commitment, schedule because he is now coaching three teams,” said Cayco on Tuesday in Filipino.“I respect his decision and we have to move on and I’m very thankful to Shaq at a short notice,” he added.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownDe Jesus is currently the coach of the La Salle Lady Spikers, a team he just steered to the UAAP title for the 11th time just last month, La Salle Baby Spikers, which is the school’s training pool, and the F2 Logistics in the Philippine Superliga.Delos Santos now faces the tall order of assembling the best team and incorporating the right system with only two months left before the Asian Games, which is set on Aug. 18 in Jakarta, Indonesia. Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Dave Chappelle donates P1 million to Taal relief operations Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Jiro Manio arrested for stabbing man in Marikina Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew MOST READ Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours
Members of the Essequibo Chamber of Commerce and Industry last Thursday met with Business Minister Dominic Gaskin, as it relates to issues surrounding the county’s business sector.According to Chamber President Deleep Singh, the meeting was scheduled so as to bring ‘a sigh of relief’ to the business community.Some of the concerns raised included the poor supply of electricity in the area.Business Minister Dominic GaskinAdditionally, there were complaints of cruise bookings by the Transport and Harbours Department, which resulted in passengers and vehicles being stranded.Meanwhile, citizens and business owners have raised eyebrows regarding the threat to the fishing industry by the production of oil and gas in Guyana by ExxonMobil.Also raised were the continuous hike in fees by various banks along the coast and complaints by residents that their accounts were closed without any notification prior to closure.Additionally, the insufficient parking for vehicles at Parika, renovation of the Red Lock airstrip, improper garbage disposal and inadequate access to finance and training were other matters that were ventilated.In response, Minister Gaskin stated that he would address all concerns under the remit of the Business Ministry and would make further arrangements to forward the other issues to the Ministries responsible.
A teenager was on Saturday crushed to death along the Coomacka trail in Region 10 (Upper Demerara-Berbice) after the vehicle he was driving turned turtle.Dead is 15-year-old John Narine of Parfaite Harmonie, West Bank Demerara (WBD).The vehicle after it toppled on SaturdayAccording to information received, the teenager had been working as a serviceman attached to a company which was conducting rehabilitation work on a stretch of road along the Coomacka trail.Guyana Times understands that Narine took the keys to a Caterpillar front-end vehicle after it was parked by a vehicle operator and left the worksite.He was reportedly heading West in the direction of Linden when he drove off of an eroded section of the trail and lost control of the vehicle.The teen was tossed from the vehicle which turned turtle. He was then pinned beneath it. His head was reportedly crushed by the heavy-duty equipment. Police responded promptly to the scene, and the teenager was rushed to the Linden Hospital Complex (LHC), but was pronounced dead on arrival.Narine’s body was later transported to a funeral parlour in the community to await a post-mortem. His body was positively identified by his parents who had travelled to the community after learning about the accident.
Dawson Creek RCMP responded to reports of the shooting last night to find that the suspect had fled on foot. With the use of a police dog RCMP were able to track the suspect to a farm where the shooter had stolen a tractor.Tire tracks of the tractor were traced to the Alaska Highway all the way to Fort St. John. A police dog was used once again to track the suspect from the abandoned tractor to the residence at the Southridge Trailer Park. The suspect was arrested without incident and the firearm was recovered. The matter is still under investigation while the suspect is being held in custody as he awaits a number of charges.- Advertisement -The shooting victim sustained non life threatening injuries and is currently awaiting surgery.
Liverpool’s latest signing Divock Origi has spoken about his dream move to Anfield after signing from Lille.In an interview with LFCTV, the Belgian striker described his delight at signing for the Reds at just 19 years old.“It was a dream to play for a big club and Liverpool is a club with a great history, so for me it was perfect,” he said.Check out the interview in the video above.
Celtic play Rangers on Sunday 1 February in the first Old Firm meeting since 2012.Ahead of the Hampden Park clash, talkSPORT caught up with Hoops fan Jim Kerr of Simple Minds fame (and Alan Brazil’s mate) to discuss a fixture he thinks is wilder than the English and Milan derbies he has seen.Kerr also revealed how Simple Minds were probably among the first people to know about former Celtic player Mo Johnston’s controversial move to Rangers from Nantes in 1989.However, when the player told the band the news over a few beers, they did not believe it. Surely if Johnston was returning to Scotland after two years in France, it would only be to one club, right?Simple Minds’ new album, ‘Big Music’ is out now. See simpleminds.com for more.
Liverpool splashed out £4 million to sign Sander Westerveld from Dutch outfit Vitesse in June 1999.Such a sum would be regarded as a knock-down price in today’s vastly inflated market, but the fee broke the British transfer record for a goalkeeper 16 years ago.The towering Netherlands shot stopper had earned his first senior international cap against Brazil just one week prior to his move to Anfield, having helped Vitesse qualify for Europe, and deserved his shot at the big time.Although Westerveld was far from a household name, it seemed as though the Merseysiders were in safe hands due to Gerard Houllier’s previously shrewd transfer business.The Dutchman replaced David James between the sticks and achieved instant success during his debut season on these shores, conceding the fewest amount of goals in the Premier League. 2 2 Sander Westerveld The goalkeeper went on to play in the FA Cup, League Cup and UEFA Cup finals as Liverpool landed a treble, of sorts, a year later.However, Westerveld had failed to convince the club’s fan base fully, due to several lapses in concentration.The shot-stopper began the next season as first-choice, despite doubts in regards to his longevity.Yet, after Westerveld allowed a somewhat feeble long-range strike from Bolton Wanderers’s Dean Holdsworth squirm under his body and into the net in August 2001, the ongoing debate over the Dutchman’s long-term future was reopened.Houllier had seen enough.Seven days after Westerveld’s clanger at the Reebok Stadium, which proved to be his final game for the club, Liverpool completed a double swoop for Chris Kirkland and Jerzy Dudek from Coventry City and Feyenoord respectively.Having lost his place for both club and country, Westerveld was urged to move on to reignite his career and, crucially, get more game time.Real Sociedad offered the Dutchman an escape route and he duly signed for the Spanish outfit for £3.4 million in December 2001. Not the most glamorous of exits, we’re sure you’ll agree.
A Lifford woman who was knocked down and suffered a serious head injury has been charged with causing an obstruction.Letterkenny court.Elizabeth Roulston appeared at Letterkenny District Court today charged with a variety of offences. The court heard that Ms Roulston, who is in her 50s, was knocked down and badly hurt at Coneyburrow in Lifford on November 24th, 2012.Ms Roulston was knocked down while crossing the road by Ms Amanda McGrory who had her four children in the back of the car.Ms McGrory said she had swerved to try and avoid Ms Roulston and feared that if she braked suddenly that cars behind her would crash into her.Gardai revealed that when they arrived on the scene, Ms Roulston, of 6 Clonleigh, Lifford, was badly injured with blood coming from her nose and her forehead and that she was not responsive.When they bent down to attend her they said they could get a strong smell of alcohol from her breath.She was eventually taken to Altnagelvin Hospital in Derry where she remained for 11 days being treated for a serious head injury.She still suffers from amnesia and can remember anything of the night of the accident.Gardai later charged Ms Roulston with a number of offences including intoxication and being drunk and a danger to herself and others.However barrister for the accused, Mr Peter Nolan, said there was no evidence of intoxication.He added that there had been an onus on Ms McGrory to either stop or slow down when she noticed a person coming onto the road.Mr Nolan said his client had no previous convictions and said there was no evidence his client had been intoxicated.Judge Catherine Straines said she was dismissing a number of charges including intoxication and being a danger to others because there was not enough evidence.However, she found Ms Roulston guilty of obstruction and fined her €100.WOMAN KNOCKED DOWN AND BADLY INJURED IS FOUND GUILTY OF OBSTRUCTION was last modified: September 26th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Eliabeth RoulstonintoxicationJudge Catherine StrainesLETETRKENNY DISTRICT COURTLiffordobstruction
Romelu Lukaku is poised to leave Everton this summer after ‘agreeing terms’ to join a new club, according to widespread reports.The Belgian striker’s future at Goodison Park has been an ongoing topic of debate over the past season after hitting another impressive tally of 25 Premier League goals.Lukaku is desperate to play Champions League football and to win the Premier League title, and he has been linked with a move back to former club Chelsea as well as a switch to Manchester United.But now the striker has revealed talks have begun and an agreement has already been reached with ‘THE club’, though he has kept his next destination close to his chest.Speaking after Belgium’s 2-1 win over the Czech Republic on Monday, the 25-year-old revealed that he and his agent have a clear idea of where his future lies…and that is it not on Merseyside.Lukaku told Belgian newspaper HLN: “We are now in talks with the [unnamed] club and I am looking forward.“I want to play in the Champions League and try to win the Premier League – that would be best of all.”Asked by the Belgian press if he could stay at Everton, Lukaku is quoted as saying: “That’s not really an option, I think. That was quite clear.”Then, quizzed if a return to Chelsea is on the cards, he added with a wink and a laugh: “No comment. We will see.“My agent knows what’s going to happen and I know as well,” he later told Sky Sports.“I’m staying calm and we have an agreement with the club as well. We stay calm and at least we have a direction where we want to go.“I’m just going to rest for a few days and then just prepare for next season.”This latest development comes as a big blow to Everton fans, who were assured earlier in the season that their star man would pen a new and improved deal with the club.Lukaku’s agent Mino Raiola told talkSPORT in December that the striker ‘s new contract was ’99 per cent agreed’, but he revealed last month that Lukaku is instead likely to make the next step in his career this summer.Speaking to talkSPORT host Jim White, Raiola said: “[Lukaku] had a promise that if certain clubs came in for him this summer [he’d leave].“We are not in concrete talks at the moment, but if the price is right for Everton and the project is right [for Lukaku] he will make another step. But we are not there yet.”Read that story IN FULL here! Is Lukaku set for a move back to Stamford Bridge? 1