Headlines regarding gadgets bursting into flames weren’t always about the Galaxy Note 7. Last year, it was a piece of two-wheeled technology that heated up the news cycle: hoverboards.It’s been a while since we even saw a hoverboard-related piece of news pop up, but just in time for Halloween we’ve got a doozy. A Nashville, Tennessee family is suing Amazon after their million-dollar house was destroyed by a fire. The cause: the lithium batteries inside a hoverboard they’d purchased in January.I know what you’re thinking: who in their right mind buys a hoverboard in January 2016 after all the fires they caused last year? Well, this family reportedly thought they were purchasing one from a reliable manufacturer and that its components would be safe. Ironically, one of the “safe” components they thought this particular model featured was Samsung batteries… but we’ll give them a pass on that because the Note 7 didn’t launch until August.Instead, they got a poorly-made device that transformed their house from a family home into something that looks like a burned-out set from a Michael Bay movie.Normally you’d sue the maker of a faulty product, and Amazon obviously doesn’t make Amazon Basics hoverboards. The hoverboard in question was made and sold by a third party, but lawyers representing the family haven’t been able to track that company down. They successfully nailed down an address in New York City, but it’s believed to be a front.According to Tennessee law, when you can’t find the actual manufacturer of something you’ve purchased you’re entitled to sue the company that sold it to you. That’s how Amazon wound up being named in the suit.